Grow your career beyond the conventional DBA path! The data processing landscape is shifting at TransCore link Logistics and we are looking for a Database Administrator/ Developer who will have a direct and immediate impact on building, maintaining and hyper-scaling our database services consumed by tens of thousands of users.
As increased demand is added to our systems, the Database Administrator will work with development and other teams to help drive automation processes and contribute to the integration of data into other environments such as Salesforce and Great Plains. At the same time, as our DBA, you will bring your passion and expertise in database design and fine tuning to maintain the seamless flow of information throughout the company from backend to front end.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Great people / Cool Digs
- Autonomy while you work
- Directly impact tens of thousands of users with your work
What You Will be Doing
- Lead the design, development, implementation and security of database systems
- Proactively monitor performance and capacity, perform data ports and data loads
- Minimizing database downtown and ensuring fast and dependable query responses
- Design, setup, configure and install database systems and manage changes to database operations
- Develop SSRS reports and SSIS packages
- Work with the team to add system functionality, tables and data, as well as develop stored procedures, triggers and code
- Engage in special projects to delivery high quality deliverables on time
- Maintain applications, processes and maintenance procedures
- Lead the backup, recovery, testing of recovery procedures and archiving of database systems
- Troubleshoot database issues and perform database impact analysis for proposed changes
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement with our database
- Contribute as technical expert for database design and support issues
What You Need to Succeed
- 5+ years experience working as a DBA performing daily database operations and maintenance tasks (backup/restore, index repair, server, databases and jobs monitoring etc.)
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent in computer science or related field
- Experience working with MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS
- MS SQL database certification would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great problem solving & troubleshooting skills – we like to hire people who can think through problems and develop solutions quickly
- An individual who can multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment with little supervision
What’s in it for You
- Be part of a great team where people enjoy working with each other
- Great compensation
- Gym membership
- Matching RSP & discount stock purchase program
- Future learning opportunities with tuition reimbursement
- A fun work environment with lunches and frequent activities
- Lots more
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
To apply, please forward a copy of your resume to DatabaseAdministrator@transcore.ca
TransCore Link Logistics is part of two of Canada’s fastest growing and largest industries: Technology and Transportation. Our technology helps enable food to arrive to our stores, goods to our malls and makes e-commerce possible. We have been the unmatched leader in transportation technology for over 25 years and we pride ourselves in being a catalyst that drives commercial transportation.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code TransCore Link Logistics will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.